Tuesday, August 25, 2009

District 9

After hearing all of the rave reviews about this movie I knew I had to see this movie for myself. I also found out that this movie originally was supposed to be the Halo movie but Peter Jackson abandoned that. Anyways, this movie was needless to say AWESOME. A very heart pounding and heart felt movie from beginning to end. The cinematography made a bit dizzy at some parts but made it seem so much more real. On top of that I found out they worked on a $30 million budget which is almost unheard of for sci fi movies. The usual price tag for these bad boys are over $100 million. The actor who was the main protagonist did an amazing job and I heard its his first big role as well. Like all movies, there were some plot holes but it didn't stop this movie from being as epic as everyone said it is. This movie definitely bring a different kind of message with humans being the main antagonists against aliens. For so long, we've always been afraid of aliens and yet this movie turns it around. It goes to show how humans treat things/people we don't know or understand. I recommend this movie 100%. Any fool saying this movie sucks is either too critical or has crap for brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment