Sunday, August 2, 2009

1 year and 2 days

i cannot believe i have been home for 367 days or 1 year and 2 days. i remember when i first moved home i was quite depressed and hated being back here. the last thing i wanted was to move back in with my parents. sure there are a lot of benefits and what not but there are still so many things that comes with being on your own. but i wont get into that. since i've been home God has taught me a lot of things about myself and what He wants in my life. i realized that i was destined to move home and that was always his plan anyways. i spent 3 months looking for a job in socal and NOTHING. i come home for 2 weeks and i start working. call me crazy but i'm pretty sure that is a sign. even then i was still unsatisfied and wanted something else. once again i was humbled and my eyes opened to what is now something i LOVE doing. i've realized that being happy where i am is probably the most important thing in life as to just making money. if i wanted to make more i would be working for my older brother, but i would be absolutely miserable. and i was for the short amount of time i was there. misery filled my life day in and out.

now after a year i stand here at another junction in life. at work there is a possibility for me to move up in my department, but being the person with the least amount of experience i have a very slim chance of getting it. though my manager tells me that it will all be based on my interview i cannot help but think that wont be all that they are going to decide on. i know i am still young and have a lot ahead of me. in fact i think i am the youngest of all the applicants so even if i do not get it i still have time to look elsewhere and wait for my turn. it has been nerve racking to think about but i have to just leave it to God to show me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment