Saturday, December 15, 2012

twenty twelve..

Now that the year is coming to an end, I can definitely say that 2012 has been the craziest year I've ever experienced in my life thus far. I started this year living in one of the greatest cities in the world. Living in SF has been a great experience and I know it's only the beginning. Since moving to SF, I've learned a lot about myself and the people of this fine city. For myself, I didn't realize just how lazy I was. Many of you may know, in SF, the majority of San Franciscans don't drive a car on a regular basis so for me, someone who drove pretty much all over the place, adjusting to that was a bit of a challenge. Taking public transit wasn't much of an issue since there are bus and train lines all over the city. It was actually a matter of not taking it too often, especially for short distances. There are many places I could easily walk to in about 10-20 minutes but instead I choose to wait for the bus or train. By the time I get to the destination, I would not have saved much time, but I got there with as little effort as possible. However, I wasn't about to drive anywhere on the fear of losing my parking spot. Now that I've finally adjusted, I'm looking to sell my car soon so that I can really start saving money.

On January 18th, I experienced something 99.99999% of 25 year old adults would not experience. I had a heart attack. That moment changed my life forever. According to the doctors, my life was never in any danger, but there could have been detrimental effects to my health if I had never done anything about it. As crappy as that event was, I came out of the incident in the best case scenario. No surgery or any special procedures necessary, all I have to do is take four pills for a year, at which point only two after that maybe for the rest of my life. I will have myself a nice long life.

After that, life went as it usually did. Work, day in and day out. When my birthday came around, I figured I needed to celebrate it. So I rolled out a limo and took me and my friends to Napa. The day was rather fuzzy and thought there was some unfavorable outcomes, it was a great birthday none the less.

This past summer, a number of my friends got married. It was truly a blessing to be able to be a part of their special day. First, it was Mike and Diana. Two people that have been there for me all of college and post college. Second, was Rachel and Brandon. Rachel has been one of my oldest friends and seeing her so happy almost made me tear up. Then came Darwin and Jade. Two people from college I never thought would end up together but they did. Their wedding was by far the one of the funnest I've ever been to. Last, but not least, Denise and Jason. A very interesting wedding where I got the chance to catch up with people I don't normally get to see.

Mid 2012, was also a time I finally decided to travel more. I realized that I never go anywhere so i decided to visit Chicago where my friend Phil currently resides. That weekend, though it hurt the wallet, was one of the best weekends this year. We did many of the touristy things but also got to experience some of the things, Chicago natives experience everyday.

Right after Chicago, I met a girl. An amazing girl.

After 2.5 years at CafePress, they decided to let me go. I must say it was bitter sweet. On one hand, I hated that place. I spent most of my time there looking for a way out and one day it finally came. Kind of bummed they closed the door on me since I was looking to close it on them. Not long after that, I found a great fit at NatureBox.com. Greatest thing about it? It was NOT CafePress. NB is a place where they treat employees with respect and dignity. Where we all feel valued and are heard.

Now to end out the year in a bang, My brother and his girlfriend are engaged!

2012 has been a roller coaster of emotions and physical.

I was contemplating all of this until the morning of December 14, 2012. That morning, I go to my usual news sites and found that 26 people were murdered in an Elementary School in Newtown, CT. The more I read about the incident, the worse I felt. I spent so much time contemplating my own life when twenty 6 and 7 year old kids just lost theirs. For them, it was just a typical day at school. A nice Friday where probably all of them looked forward to the weekend. Then a psychopath decided to do something horrific. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the victims and I pray that they may find comfort in our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment