Tuesday, March 23, 2010

non-team players aka douche bags

You know who I'm talking about. There is always that one mofo who just doesn't help out the team for whatever reason. These guys will never help complete the objective at hand and are only out to help themselves. For instance, if the point of the game was to capture a flag or a king of the hill game, these guys would just stand off to the side or go off on their own way. Chances are they only care about one thing and thats their kill/death ratio or KDR for short. In objective based games as to straight deathmatch, there is no killing quota so being in objective based games means you can kill as much you want and it won't end the game.

Whenever I play Modern Warfare 2, I like to play the game domination. In domination, there are 3 flags on the map. The objective of the game is to capture these flags, hold them and accumulate points. The first team to reach 200 points wins. Each team generally has a flag right next to their spawn and then one in the middle where it is sort of a 'no man's land'. To accumulate more points faster you must capture more than one flag. When there are more than one person on a flag it captures faster, so generally you want as many people on it as possible. Get it? Good, because I'm not explaining it again. So whenever I play in this game there is almost always one or two douche bags that just don't want to help the team out to get that W (Win). Many times I would find myself running to a flag in order to capture it and then I would see my teammates just keep running past me. I'm like thinking to myself "Wow thanks for the help in capturing this guys", and then what usually ends up happening is these guys run off, get killed, leaving me alone on this point and then I get killed and so therefore we don't end up not getting the flag. The other situation I find myself in is when one out flags gets captured and as I'm running towards to get it back, I see my teammates running in the OPPOSITE direction and AWAY from it! I'm just like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE GOING?"

"But edwadokun, what if they were trying to protect you while you captured the flag?" BULL!!! It takes twice as fast to capture a flag with two or more people so why don't you just help me capture it so that we get it twice as fast and then we can both defend the flag. Plus, even if they kill us in the process, chances are you probably would've died facing against them all by yourself anyways.

"But edwadokun, If you don't kill people, then they would be all over the place and you wouldn't be able to capture anything!" True to a certain extent because yes, in order to capture a flag you'll need to eliminate the threat surrounding it, but my point is that once the threat is gone, where is everyone to take the flag? Sure killing someone would reset them to a spawn point which also buys you more time to capture but capturing points can actually help your KDR because in domination, a team spawns in near their safest flag so in some cases for instance if you are able to capture two flags then the enemy team will be stuck spawning in one area where at this point you can do what is called 'spawn trapping' which is where our team surrounds the enemy team and make it impossible for them to advance. This will basically eliminate the likelihood of someone flanking.

So you see folks, don't be a douche bag, when its a team based objective game then play for the team and the objective. If you care that much about your KDR or just want to get kills then play free-for-all or team deathmatch. Don't waste everyone else's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment